Emmanuel “Chivo” Lubezki, ASC, AMC, is a highly acclaimed cinematographer who has been recognized worldwide for his accomplishments and is the recipient of numerous awards, including Academy Awards for Gravity and Birdman, the Revenant and five additional Academy Award nominations, a BAFTA, and two ASC Award.
Chivo is a frequent collaborator with fellow Mexican filmmaker and friend Alfonso Cuarón. His highly acclaimed film Children of Men utilized a number of new technologies and distinctive cinematography techniques. Cuarón and Chivo continued to break cinematographic and technological ground with Gravity, starring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney. Lubezki has also collaborated with Terrence Malick on The New World, The Tree of Life, and To The Wonder. Chivo most recently shot The Revenant, directed by Alejandro González Iñárritu, starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hardy.
As a commercial DP, he has collaborated with top directors such as Mark Romanek, David Fincher, Traktor and was distinguished the world over for his contribution to Alejandro González Iñárritu's award winning Nike "Write the Future".
After signing with Park Pictures in 2011, Chivo made his commercial directorial debut with a Powerade campaign for Wieden + Kennedy, and has since directed spots for Visa, Samsung, Coca-Cola, Apple and most recently Absolut’s “One Night”. Additionally, he co-directed KIND’s “More than Nice” campaign alongside fellow Park Pictures director Chris Wlicha.
- 05/24/2019 Dream Crazy Wins Black Pencil at 2019 D&AD Awards
- 05/16/2019 Park Pictures Wins at the Clio Sports Awards
- 05/13/2019 Dream Crazy wins 3 Gold Pencils at the One Show
- 04/25/2019 Park Pictures Picks Up 12 AICP Nominations
- 04/22/2019 'Dream Crazy' Wins at the Andy Awards
- 01/02/2019 Nike's "Dream Crazy" Named Best Ad of 2018 by AdAge
- 10/29/2018 2018 Ciclope Awards Finalists Announced
- 05/22/2018 Andrea Arnold, Emmanuel Lubezki & Seb Edwards win at the British Arrow Awards
- 10/16/2017 Park Pictures Shortlisted for 10 Ciclope Awards